The Giving Tree Project places fully decorated Christmas Trees in the homes of Veterans in need.
We need your decoration donations to make it possible.
Ready for Decoration Saturday, November 25th.
Twenty trees are at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating.
Giving Trees can be identified by the green or red tree shaped poem tied to the boughs.
Last Day to Decorate Monday, December 11th
Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV)
Giving Tree decoration angels (you) are encouraged to place your ornaments and tree trimming on the trees.
New, handmade, or ornaments and tree trimmings with previous tree experience are accepted.
These tiny 3 to 5 foot trees stand outside and are exposed to the elements, ornaments, or cards should be placed in sealed plastic bags.
Donations & Toy Drive
Here is how you can help.
MACV Toy Drive
Now until Monday, December 11th
Toy Collection for Veterans
Ages Pre-K to 13
List of suggested toy donations below.
Giving Tree Project Donations
Donations accepted all year round. Note: The Giving Trees will be picked up on Tuesday, December 12th.
Donate Tree Trimming or your Troop, Group, neighborhood
organization can adopt a tree to decorate.
Contact Firefighter Kellie at 952-960-1692 to adopt a tree to decorate.
List of Giving Tree needs below.
Toy and Giving Tree Donation 2 Drop Off Sites:
Gary’s Frist Class Car Care
366 Highway 7, Excelsior
8:30 am-4:00 pm M-F
Excelsior Fire District Stations No.1
24100 Smithtown Road, Shorewood
8:30 am-4:00 pm M-Th
Ages 0 – 4
Toy Tool Sets
Fischer Price Toys
See & Say Toys
Educational Play Sets
Duplo Play Sets
Wooden Block Sets
Ages 5 – 10
Art & Craft Sets
Model or Construction Sets
Science Kits / Sporting Items
Educational Play Sets
DVDs / Board Games
Ages 11 – 13
CDs / DVDs / Video Games
CD Players / Electronics
Jewelry / Books
Sport’s Team Apparel
Ridgedale Mall Gift Cards
Target/Best Buy Gift Cards
The average price of a donated toy is $10 – $30.
Giving Tree Needs
Tree stands for trees 3-5 inches.
Please no candles
Think of the Giving Tree Project when…
- You’re downsizing your tree trimmings, ornaments, and tree bling.
- You do not know what to do with those ornaments you received as gifts that are just not your style.
- You just don’t know what to do with those ornaments from your x-spouse.
- You have talented children that want to help, have them make ornaments.
- Your Christmas boxes are outgrowing their storage space.
- You are writing up your holiday invites and ask for donations for the Giving Tree Project in lieu of hostess gifts.
How Your Organization Can Adopt a Tree to Decorate
- Your group can adopt a tree to personalize and make special for the family receiving the tree.
- Nothing adds to a tree more than ornaments and trimmings placed by the hands of someone who cares.
- Decorations can be handmade, purchased, or have previous tree experience.
- We encourage groups to write their names, and/or group names on the ornaments.
- A ribbon or banner with your group’s information is also welcome. These tiny 3 to 4-foot trees stand outside and are exposed to the elements, the ornaments or cards should be placed in Ziplocs or plastic bags
Contact Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail email@example.com for more details and to be assigned a tree.
Twenty trees will be at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating by Saturday, November 25, 2023
Trees will be picked up for Veterans on Tuesday, December 12th between 6:00 am-Noon.
To Be Added To Our Event List
To be added to our event mailing list or the Giving Tree Project mailing list contact Kellie with your information and indicate which list you would like to be placed on. We can mail or e-mail mail you the information. The Excelsior Fire District does not sell or share our lists.
Dunn Brothers Coffee
11 Water Street
Excelsior Bay Books
36 Water Street
Lakes Area Realty
37 Water Street
40 Water Street
The Vintage Loft
434 Second Street
212 Water Street
Re/Max Advantage Plus
216 Second Street
219 Water Street
Amore & Fede
226 Water Street
Excelsior Eye Care
228 Water Street
239 Water Street
Ooh La La
274 Water Street
266 Water Street
The Guest House
371 Water Street
Excelsior Real Estate
386 Oak Street
State Farm Insurance
378 Oak Street
Excelsior Paint and Design
701 Highway 7
Gary’s First Class Car Care
366 Highway 7
720 Galpin Lake Road
Becoming a Foster Site
Great News, the 2023 Giving Trees all have Foster Sites.
If have a business in downtown Excelsior and you would like be a Giving Tree Foster Site in the future, call Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list.
Pick Up Date
Trees will be picked up by Ridgewood Church Volunteers on Tuesday, December 12th .